Call Us: 902.468.1263
Rhyno Environmental Services
At Maritime Demolition we are acutely aware of the impact our industry has on landfill and the environment.
- Asbestos Abatement, Type I II II Methods
- Mold Remediation]
- Lead Removal
- Infectious Control Hoarding
- Cleanup of Oil Spills on Pavement and Concrete
By recycling and reusing items such as steel, copper, aluminum, glass, rubble, insulation, timber, concrete & brick, soil, furniture, carpet and gyprock we are proactively minimizing the impact of our industry on the environment.
Asbestos has been used in homes worldwide and in some areas can be found in homes built prior to 1990, although if you are uncertain, it’s always best to get a professional opinion and testing carried out. You can find Asbestos around your home in places such as:
- Roofing, gutters and shingles
- Under eaves
- Exterior wall cladding
- Interior walls, ceilings and wet areas
- Thermal boards around fireplaces
- Switch boards
- Backing material on floor tiles and vinyl flooring
- Gaskets and seals in wood stoves
- Textured paint
- Insulation used on hot water pipes
- Hot water cylinders, domestic heaters and stoves
If you are simply living or working in a building that contains asbestos, it’s not dangerous as long as the asbestos is in good condition. Asbestos becomes dangerous if you break, scrape, drill, sand, waterblast (gurney) the asbestos - it will become a health hazard as fibres will become released into the air. If you require any work to be done that requires any of this, please contact us and we can discuss the options available to you.